Over the past 10 months, I have been going through what is known as a “Spiritual Awakening.”
What is a Spiritual Awakening?
Well, according to Steve Gunn, a metaphysical practitioner, “…A spiritual awakening is a process of considerable inner change that some people will go through where their entire being, consciousness and intuitive abilities ascend to another – higher – level of energy and awareness. As an experience, it can and most often will be profound and disturbing with little or no feeling of control and most often no idea what’s actually happening…”
It’s been quite the journey, but I’ve gained an incredible amount of knowledge and wisdom through this process and so I thought I would share what I’ve learned in a post!
What My Spiritual Awakening Taught Me:
- The importance of self-love.
- The importance of speaking my truth and being my authentic self.
- To trust my intuition – it’s always right.
- The importance of setting boundaries. If I don’t set them AND stick to them, I’m essentially allowing people to hurt me. I have to take responsibility for that.
- When making a decision, I always have 2 choices: to come from a place of fear or to come from a place of love (sometimes that’s self-love).
- My deepest fears and unresolved inner wounds will keep showing up in my life in different ways until I finally stop running from them, address them, process them, and integrate them.
- To have more compassion FOR MYSELF (I already had a lot of compassion for others, to the point of becoming an enabler and ultimately hurting myself over and over again).
- Everything is happening for me, not to me. There’s a lesson in everything.
- The universe is always watching so it’s important to have integrity in all that we do or else that shit is going to come back to you in some form of karma.
- Energy is everything and vibes don’t lie.
- To attract more of what I want I need to keep my vibrations as high as possible.
- That anything I complained about in someone else I had to reflect that back at myself. Since we are all mirrors to each other, the only reason why someone would be in my life is because, at some level, they are an energetic match to me. Knowing this helped me see what I needed to address within myself so that I could begin to shift that part of me out of me.
- That no one is better than anyone else, we are all equal and come from the same source. We are all on our own journeys and each and every one of us have healing work to do… some of us are just a little further ahead in our healing process. Everything is happening exactly as it should with divine timing.
- I had been living in an unconscious state of denial my entire life thinking I didn’t have healing work to do and that I was super confident in myself. Little did I know that because of this belief alone I was standing in my own way of getting the help I needed.
- That I am extremely knowledgable, gifted, talented and valuable and because of that I should never discount my self, accept less or settle.
- There really is a third eye that can “see” what unawakened people cannot see… yet.
- I am highly intuitive + have many strong psychic gifts.
- I am incredibly strong, powerful, and resilient. I can get through anything and come out on the other side even stronger than I was before.
- I am a leader.
- I am a Starseed.
- I am a healer.
- I am actually extremely intelligent, even though many people have treated me as if I’m slow, dumb and naive over the course of my life. I am often underestimated.
- When my body reacts to something, that’s when I know it’s time to stop and check-in with what I’m feeling and why.
- Every perspective is correct on a certain timeline, which means everyone is essentially right in some aspect.
- Once I really got to know myself and understood the dynamics of projection, I was able to see that their opinions about me weren’t real and that I didn’t have to feel bad or explain myself to them because I could see they still had healing to do.
- No one has been through what you have been through in the exact way you experienced, therefore they have no right to invalidate your experience or to tell you that their trauma was worse than yours.
- I’m not here to do the healing work for others or to be someone’s punching bag.
- Other people’s opinions of me are none of my business. They are seeing me through their own filters set in by unconscious programming.
- We are living in a hologram and this life is just a dream.
- I am a mirror to other people’s pain and projections. I have the ability to not absorb their shit but instead choose to let their shit reflect off of me and back at them to gift them with the opportunity to take a deeper look at it.
- The purpose of life is to have no purpose. The only thing I need to do to know myself, be myself, express myself, and do more of whatever it is I love to do. That’s it. The purpose is to actually be FREE.
FEEL FREE TO PIN THESE ON PINTEREST!
I’d Love to Hear From You!
Have you experienced a Spiritual Awakening? If so, feel free to share your experiences below in the comments!
I’d love to connect with more “awakened souls,” as I’m sure many of you do as well (it can be a very lonely time as you rip your self away from your old self… or friends/family who no longer vibrate at the same level as you.)