Welcome to my 12th post documenting my weekly struggles, goals and achievements in business and life for the week of Jan 2 - 8, 2017.
With the holidays and all the traveling I've been doing this past week, I haven't had too much time to work, but I did what I was able to here and there and so at least that's something!
All I wanted to do was get back to my workout routine so, naturally, I made that my main focus this past week. I lifted Thurs, Fri and Sat, I've been been going on more walks and I've started tracking my food again
I am feeling better and feeling more in control, and I am now ready to take on this first week of the new year!
WHY I'M CREATING THESE WEEKLY POSTS
- To help keep me accountable by posting my goals publicly.
- To give me a better sense of control.
- To give me something to work towards.
- To keep me motivated to keep improving.
- To help me learn more about myself, blogging & business (I LOVE learning & analyzing!)
- To help me break things down and simplify my to-do list, so I don’t feel so overwhelmed (the goal is less stress, right?!) For my goals, I'm giving myself 3 things to accomplish in each category in order to keep things simple. All I have to do are these 3 things and once I finish them, I'm done for the week and I can go do whatever I want.
- To give me an outlet to talk about this stuff ( I LOVE talking about business and blogging but I don’t have too many friends that can relate, and the ones that can are usually BUSY buildin’ their own thangs…)
- To help me with my monthly income report.
- To give me something to look back on to see how far I’ve come.
- To hopefully help inspire and motivate others who are going through the same struggles (and maybe help us connect if we don’t know each other yet?!)
The top 3 struggles I’m currently working through this week.
- Figuring out the design and functionality of the new rebranded Whipped Dream website. It's coming along but it's taking some time to come up with all the moving parts. Definitely a big project! And I'm doing it all by myself (nothing new about that) so obviously everything is going to take a bit longer. That said, I'm trying to not get frustrated too much. I'm trying to give myself some space to create it, even if it's not completed by my goal date... it really does not matter after all. When it's ready, it will be ready.
- I decided that I'm going to do whatever it takes to find ways to make and save the most amount of money I can this year, in order to pay off all my debt (currently have about 20k left). That being said, I've decided that it might be best if I go through with this AirBnB idea I've been analyzing over the past 3 months, in an effort to try to live rent free and hopefully save around $12k this year (a major chunk of money I could put towards my debt!) I'm a little uncomfortable with this AirBnB thing because I've never done it, I don't know how to do it and I don't know what to expect, but I'm trying to let go of my fears and have a positive attitude towards it. It's a great opportunity and an experience that I can learn from, and also write about on this blog, so hoping to use that as some extra motivation!
- I have a lot of blog post ideas that I want to write about on this blog, but I'm struggling with trying to find the time to write them. There are so many things I'm working on right now, between the rebranding of Whipped Dream and researching AirBnB stuff, that it's really hard to find the balance! What is the most important?!
- Trying to lower my calorie intake but I'm so hungry all the time! And I'm planning on being more active by adding 1-2 hours of walking into my schedule that maybe I should keep my calories up?
- I'm thinking about quitting 1 of my soccer leagues in order to focus more on power lifting because I want to get better at it. Quitting soccer makes me ask myself, who am I? Haha. I love soccer but it's killing my knees and my lower back is always super tight, plus it's been getting in the way of my workouts at the gym mostly because of scheduling issues. I figure if I just play one day a week, scheduling will be easier, it will help me get stronger and it will help me better attain the body goals I'm looking for.
- I'm trying to cut out any and all distractions that take away from my goals. This means I may have to live with less, but that's the sacrifice I need to make in order to achieve what I want to achieve. Trying to remind myself it's only temporary and that once I accomplish my goals, I can live a little more "luxuriously," but for now, eye on the prize!
My top 3 goals for this week.
- Finish designing the home page for the rebrand of Whipped Dream.
- Write "My Year in Review" blog post.
- Create a weekly schedule for myself
- Finish reading Big Magic.
- Walk for at least 90 min. 5 days this week (trying to achieve a minimum of 10,000 steps a day.)
- Eat 2,000 calories a day, every day.
What I’ve accomplished since last week.
- Finish designing the home page for the rebrand of Whipped Dream. (I haven't made much time to work on this.)
Work on my monthly income report for December 2016 and post it Jan 2.(Done! See my December income report here.)
- Start writing my year in review. (I haven't started this.)
Get back to my gym and lift 3-4 days.(I lifted 3 days... and would have lifted 4, but the gym was closed on New Years Day... boohoo. Haha.) Start tracking my food again in My Fitness Pal.(Feels good to have more control of/know what I'm putting in my body again!) Walk a minimum of 30 min a day Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun.(It feels really good getting back into this! I need to make this more of a daily habit!)
ONE THING I'M GRATEFUL FOR THIS WEEK
I'm grateful to be able to live in San Diego, especially in January when it's cold everywhere else! 🙂 I love that I can just put on a light jacket and go out for a walk any time of the day without freezing my ass off or having to shovel snow (sorry to those who still have to do this!)