Welcome to my 19th post documenting my weekly struggles, goals and achievements in business and life for the week of Feb 20 - Feb 26, 2017.
I've been pretty exhausted for the past week. So exhausted that I ended up spending 3 out of the past 7 days in bed, reading, watching movies and napping... alone.
I spent the previous week on vacation with my family; we went to Disneyland and California Adventure and then rented an AirBnB in Encinitas for a few days. It was a fun vacation, but it was also very draining.
Crowds annoy me and suck the energy out of me so amusement parks are something I'd rather avoid in the future. And being with people 24/7? I love my family, but no. Just no.
The reason I was so exhausted for so long after my vacation is because I'm an introvert and introverts need to balance their social time with alone time. I personally need a lot of alone time.
As I stated in my last Weekly Struggles post, I was prepared to take a vacation from my vacation, haha. I'm glad I didn't put too much stress on myself to get things done this past week because I knew I was going to need to spend some time restoring my energy.
That right there is the result of personal development. I understand myself and how I operate so I've learned how to plan and structure my schedule according to my needs and without feeling guilty about it.
WHY I'M CREATING THESE WEEKLY POSTS
- To help keep me accountable by posting my goals publicly.
- To give me a better sense of control.
- To give me something to work towards.
- To keep me motivated to keep improving.
- To help me learn more about myself, blogging & business (I LOVE learning & analyzing!)
- To help me break things down and simplify my to-do list, so I don’t feel so overwhelmed (the goal is less stress, right?!) For my goals, I'm giving myself 3 things to accomplish in each category in order to keep things simple. All I have to do are these 3 things and once I finish them, I'm done for the week and I can go do whatever I want.
- To give me an outlet to talk about this stuff ( I LOVE talking about business and blogging but I don’t have too many friends that can relate, and the ones that can are usually BUSY buildin’ their own thangs…)
- To help me with my monthly income report.
- To give me something to look back on to see how far I’ve come.
- To hopefully help inspire and motivate others who are going through the same struggles (and maybe help us connect if we don’t know each other yet?!)
I usually write about the top 3 struggles I’m currently working through, but I realized that this was becoming too stressful (see below). I'm now going to try only posting one struggle, my biggest struggle, for each category and see if this helps me at all.
I'm struggling with these Weekly Struggles posts. I feel like they bring a lot of issues to the surface, which then stresses me out because I really start to think about them on a deeper level and then it seems like they start to take over my life. I guess it's good to tackle my issues head on but I definitely don't want to feel overwhelmed and stressed all the time! If I just post 1 struggle a week instead of 3, maybe this will help take some stress off of me. I also need to try writing these posts on the weekends because it's too noisy in my neighborhood to work on Tuesdays for some reason. I really want to move to a quieter place but I can't right now because I need to save up money to pay my taxes and also try to pay off my debt ASAP. But then again, I wonder if I'd be able to do a better job if I could work in a quieter environment... Hmmm.
I'm still trying to work on getting back on track with eating. A week of traveling and vacation and then a week of dealing with exhaustion meant my whole diet kinda went out the window. I hate feeling out of control! And it kind of pisses me off that I was just starting to get back on track with my diet after struggling for weeks after my Christmas vacation, and then I totally went off track again, just like that! This food thing is seriously one of my biggest struggles...
My top 3 goals for this week.
- Finish writing my story and why I rebranded my business for the About page on Whipped Dream.
- Add something else to Whipped Dream.
- Continue reading #GIRLBOSS.
- Track my calories 5 out of the 7 days this week.
- Power lift 5 days.
- Do one 30-minute run this week (I haven't gone on a run in months!)
What I’ve accomplished since last week.
Continue writing my blog post about why I'm hooked on powerlifting.(I finished it! Read it!) Add something new to Whipped Dream.(I've been working on the About page.)
- Finish reading #GIRLBOSS. (I didn't read this at all in the past week.)
Power lift 5 days this week to make up for the time off.(I'm proud of achieving this because even though I was 30 min. away I still made it to the gym Mon and Tues last week. And even though I was exhausted, I still made it to the gym 5 out of the 7 days... and I put in a good workout... AND I didn't lose any strength, in fact, I gained strength!)
- Track my calories Wed-Sun. (I tried but kinda failed at this because I ended up ordering out a bunch and had no idea how many calories were in the foods I was eating or what the macros were.)
Stock up on healthy food for the week.(I have a lot of healthy foods in my fridge! Now I just need to eat them! Haha.)
ONE THING I'M GRATEFUL FOR THIS WEEK
I'm grateful for not letting myself get too down over having an off week or two. I could wallow in my misery and just say "f*ck it!" I already messed up, so why bother? But when I got up this morning I made the choice to not stay down and instead put in serious effort towards getting back on track. I went for a 7 mile walk (fasted cardio) right when I got up, I showered, did my makeup (I don't usually), I made healthy food choices all day, I tracked my calories, I stretched, I got a bunch of work done, I got a bunch of cleaning done, and I'm hitting the gym tonight. BAM! Take that, lazy version of me! 😉