Welcome to my 21st post documenting my weekly struggles, goals and achievements in business and life for the week of March 6 - March 12, 2017.
Well this past week has been the exact OPPOSITE of last week; I've gotten so much accomplished, it's unreal! I knocked out everything on my to-do list, plus a whole lot more!
Seriously, when you change your attitude, start thinking more positive and put yourself FIRST, there's not much that can stop you!
I've said it before but I'll say it again; accomplishing goals lights a fire within me. I get so addicted to the feeling of achievement, that I just want more and more. So that's what I end up doing! It's seriously an obsession... but a good one!
Also, last week I was struggling to get large enough chunks of time into my schedule (which is what I need in order to really dive deep into my creativity,) but this week I had tons of time! I ended up working 12-15 hours days, 5 out of the 7 days this past week, and because of that, I was able to create a lot of awesome content!
THIS is why I don't like to go out much anymore. I have way more fun staying home, being creative and spending all day in my own head. Being creative and productive is a better feeling to me than going out and [basically] being forced to socialize with people who are on a totally different wavelength than me. WHERE ARE MY OTHER INTROVERTED ENTREPRENEURS AT!?!
Also, getting my diet back under control this past week has been surprisingly easy and was just what I needed to do to start feeling better again, and fast. After just one week of sticking to my plan, I can already feel my body composition changing, which fuels my fire even more!
"Once you start seeing results, it becomes an addiction."
Anyways, moving on...
WHY I'M CREATING THESE WEEKLY POSTS
- To help keep me accountable by posting my goals publicly.
- To give me a better sense of control.
- To give me something to work towards.
- To keep me motivated to keep improving.
- To help me learn more about myself, blogging & business (I LOVE learning & analyzing!)
- To help me break things down and simplify my to-do list, so I don’t feel so overwhelmed (the goal is less stress, right?!) For my goals, I'm giving myself 3 things to accomplish in each category in order to keep things simple. All I have to do are these 3 things and once I finish them, I'm done for the week and I can go do whatever I want.
- To give me an outlet to talk about this stuff ( I LOVE talking about business and blogging but I don’t have too many friends that can relate, and the ones that can are usually BUSY buildin’ their own thangs…)
- To help me with my monthly income report.
- To give me something to look back on to see how far I’ve come.
- To hopefully help inspire and motivate others who are going through the same struggles (and maybe help us connect if we don’t know each other yet?!)
The biggest struggles I'm working through this week in business and life.
Soooo I have had a handful of clients ask me to help them out with their website projects over the past week, including the design of a whole new blog. Even though I decided a few months ago that I was going to stop doing freelance work, I decided to take these projects on. Here are my reasons: 1) Because I love these clients and they are easy to work with, 2) I'm addicted to creating anything and everything right now and 3) Taxes are due in a month and I didn't save up much last year because I was too focused on trying to pay off the debt on my credit cards. In a nutshell, I figured I could use the money right now! With that said, I've been toying with the idea of taking on a few freelance projects here and there, however, what I want to be careful about, is letting client work take over my schedule again, like I felt it was doing before. Sometimes I need to read my past posts to help keep me in line with my goals: 2016 Yearly Review + My Goals for 2017. Finding ways to create new passive income streams is my main priority this year, so I need to try to remember then that when I'm tempted to stray away, even if temporarily.
I've been feeling some pain in my left hip flexor and right shoulder for a few weeks now, which has been making it tough to power lift, especially on my heavy days. I want to power through the pain, but I don't want to make things worse in the long run. At the same time, I want to continue making progress and not be held back by anything. Ugh, the struggle is real! At the very least, I think it's time I go in for a deep tissue massage soon...
My top 3 goals for this week.
- Try to complete as much client work as I possibly can this week
- Update the categories on this blog and maybe add some tags
- Ask my Facebook group a new question to try to get some conversations going
- Eat 2,000 calories a day
- Powerlift 5 days (4 heavy days, 1 light day)
- Write my Review of Week 1 post for my Personal Nutrition + Fitness Challenge
What I’ve accomplished since last week.
Post my monthly income report for February.(See it here: Monthly Blogging Income Report - February 2017) Finish writing my story and why I rebranded my business for my About page on Whipped Dream.(See it here: About... I still want to add to it though because I want to also talk about my 4 year entrepreneurial journey. I think I might end up making this a blog post: "How I became an entrepreneur + how I succeeded" is what I'm thinking; stay tuned.) Continue reading #GIRLBOSS.
Set up my 1 month nutrition + fitness challenge (I'm planning on making it a featured weekly blog post for next month!)(See it here: My 5 Week Personal Nutrition + Fitness Challenge ) Powerlift 5 days (5 heavy days). Eat 2,200 calories a day.
OTHER THINGS I DID WORTH MENTIONING
- I added a blog + biz resources page to Whipped Dream.
ONE THING I'M GRATEFUL FOR THIS WEEK
I'm grateful for all the support I've been getting lately about my fitness results! It's nice to see people clapping for others instead of trying to tear them down. Keep up the positivity everyone and I will do the same! 😀