Welcome to my 17th post documenting my weekly struggles, goals and achievements in business and life for the week of Feb 6 - Feb 12, 2017.
This past week I achieved ALL of my goals, INCLUDING my calorie goals! This is a first in about 2 months, and damn, does this feel good! 😀
That being said, my goals this week are going to be more centered around life than business.
I don't get to spend time with my family that often, since my mom lives 3,000 miles away and my brother lives 2 hours away, so it's important to make it happen and also to simply enjoy it. 🙂
I do want to make sure I make healthy choices when it comes to eating, which shouldn't be too hard since my family also likes to eat healthy. I also want to lift the 3 days before I leave so I can take 4 days off my powerlifting routine without the time off having an effect on my strength gaining progress.
The good thing is that I'll be walking around all day through the parks, so I'll still be getting plenty of exercise and calorie burn!
WHY I'M CREATING THESE WEEKLY POSTS
- To help keep me accountable by posting my goals publicly.
- To give me a better sense of control.
- To give me something to work towards.
- To keep me motivated to keep improving.
- To help me learn more about myself, blogging & business (I LOVE learning & analyzing!)
- To help me break things down and simplify my to-do list, so I don’t feel so overwhelmed (the goal is less stress, right?!) For my goals, I'm giving myself 3 things to accomplish in each category in order to keep things simple. All I have to do are these 3 things and once I finish them, I'm done for the week and I can go do whatever I want.
- To give me an outlet to talk about this stuff ( I LOVE talking about business and blogging but I don’t have too many friends that can relate, and the ones that can are usually BUSY buildin’ their own thangs…)
- To help me with my monthly income report.
- To give me something to look back on to see how far I’ve come.
- To hopefully help inspire and motivate others who are going through the same struggles (and maybe help us connect if we don’t know each other yet?!)
The top 3 struggles I’m currently working through this week.
- I'm still trying to figure out which site is best to create and sell my artwork on, for both physical and digital products. I want to create clothing, bags, iPhone cases, mugs, etc. with my Whipped Dream branding on it, but I don't want to have to print or ship the products myself. After doing some research, I'm thinking about using Society6 or Printful however, there are some products I want to create that they don't offer (like long socks and lounge pants) so I think I need to keep doing some research. I also want to sell pre-made logos and design elements, but I think those are going to have to be sold on a different marketplace that better caters to to this kind of stuff (like Creative Market or Envato Market). There are just so many to choose from and I don't really know how to weigh them all out!
- I'm trying to update and organize my blog categories, plus add some new ones, on this blog. There are some new topics I'd like to start incorporating on here so I need to figure out how to arrange them. I don't know why this has always been so difficult for me but maybe it's because I want to make it really simple for readers to navigate around this blog so I want to get it as perfect as possible. I think I also want to start incorporating tags again, but that might have to wait.
- I'm finding it difficult to want to work on Whipped Dream this week. I think maybe it's because I know I can get all wrapped up in it once I start diving in, and I since I'm leaving for a vacation in a few days, I don't want to get too deep into things and then have to leave it behind for a week straight.
- I'm struggling to say no to friends who want to go out and spend money or time on stuff that just doesn't matter to me right now. I feel like I'm being boring, anti-social and unsupportive of them, BUT all I care about right now is staying focused on my goals. I find myself constantly trying to remind myself that I have to do what I need to do for me. My Current Goals: I want to track all my macros and my calories so I can achieve the body I have always dreamt of, because I finally feel like I've figured out the how, so now I just need to put in the work! I want to keep making progress in the gym with powerlifting because I want to gain more muscle and am curious to see how strong I can get. I also want to save as much money as possible so I will be able to pay my taxes in a few months and also pay off my debt faster ($18,000 left to go!) I want to work on building up my blogs more so that I can help more people and make more money, which will also help me pay off my debt and allow me to move to a nicer location (and hopefully get my own place again that can also be used as a creative studio!) I want to use my time wisely and spend most of my hours working towards my goals, because this is what is going to help me achieve them that much faster! I really hate when people tell me things like "You gotta enjoy life..." It's like they don't think I enjoy what I do or that I live a restrictive life. But the funny thing is, I do enjoy everything I'm doing right now... if I didn't, I wouldn't be doing all of it! Besides, it really doesn't feel like work to me. What feels like work to me is going out with friends, drinking and eating who KNOWS how many excess calories, spending money that I shouldn't be spending, and then having to play catch up. I'd rather always be a few steps ahead (rather than taking one step forward and then 2 steps backwards) because all of those steps add up to huge achievements and in less time. We all have the same hours in a day and we all have choices. I am choosing to spend my hours being productive and moving forward as often as possible.
- I was nervous about taking time off to go on vacation because I was afraid of setting myself back in my powerlifting progression (it's happened twice in the past 6 months because I took a vacation and then didn't lift for over a week and then it took me over a month to get my strength back to where it was before vacation.) I don't want this to happen again, so I voiced my concerns to my boyfriend (he's the one who got me into powerlifting and also has extensive knowledge in nutrition.) He eased my nerves a bit and told me if I take a few days off I should be okay, but I should lift at least 2 days this week. So I plan on lifting Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday before I leave, then take 4 days off and then lift again on Monday when we are in Encinitas (even though I'll be 30 min away from my gym and I'll be with family, I want to make it a priority to get a powerlifting session in). I hope he's right! I hate working so hard for something and then losing it just like that... that's like spinning your wheels and not getting anywhere. Been there, done that!
- I'm trying not to spend money, but I really want (and probably need) to get some squat shoes. However, they are pretty expensive ($90-$200). I'm trying to change my mindset and only buy something once I "earn" it, instead of buying something just because I want it and I want it now (instant gratification isn't always a good thing!) It's a hard mindset to change, but if I want things to get better, I need to get better! So I decided to take 2 of my struggles and combine them into something that will motivate me to change my mindset and achieve a new goal. My goal is to eat perfectly for 4 weeks straight (which will help improve my physique) and once I do that, I can buy my squat shoes (which will help improve how much I can squat.) I've always struggled with managing my food intake, but I want to get better at that. My goal is to eat 2,200 calories week 1, 2,000 calories week 2, 1,800 calories week 3 and 1,600 calories week 4. If I mess up a week, I have to redo that week, which postpone my squat shoe arrival. Talk about being your own boss! Haha.
My top 3 goals for this week.
TAKING THIS WEEK OFF FROM ANY SET BUSINESS GOALS! 🙂
- Make healthy choices for every meal (for my current diet, this means focusing on higher protein, lower fat and to try to eat around 2,000 calories.)
- Power lift Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (I leave San Diego for Anaheim Thursday morning.)
- HAVE FUN and just enjoy my time with my family.
What I’ve accomplished since last week.
Write my monthly income report for January and post by Sunday 2/5.(View it here!) Add something new to the new Whipped Dream site.(I added to the about page.) Start researching how to sell things on Etsy, Storenvy, Creative Market, etc.(Found some helpful information on YouTube and in some of the Facebook groups I'm in, but still working on this.)
Eat NO MORE than 2,200 calories a day.(FINALLY achieved this! Feeling better and more focused now.) Power lift 5 days this week instead of 4.(Getting stronger and not feeling so burnt out!) Do some reading on how I can enjoy my vacation without feeling guilty.(I decided to just forget about being strict and just trying to make healthy choices when it comes to eating. Vacation is meant to be enjoyed and I'm not in the mood to stress about it. 🙂 )
OTHER THINGS I DID WORTH MENTIONING
- Wrote this blog post: Lyft Referral Bonus February 2017 - How to Earn an Extra $40 Your First 30 Days
- Wrote this blog post: Pralines and Cream Protein Ice Cream Recipe
ONE THING I'M GRATEFUL FOR THIS WEEK
FINALLY getting to go to Disneyland! I've been wanting to go since I moved to California in 2009! I haven't been in 15 years so I'm excited to see how much has changed! Woop woop! 😀