Welcome to my 16th post documenting my weekly struggles, goals and achievements in business and life for the week of Jan 30 - Feb 5, 2017.
I had a really productive week and achieved all of my goals except for one! It's amazing what you can accomplish when you really FOCUS. 🙂
WHY I'M CREATING THESE WEEKLY POSTS
- To help keep me accountable by posting my goals publicly.
- To give me a better sense of control.
- To give me something to work towards.
- To keep me motivated to keep improving.
- To help me learn more about myself, blogging & business (I LOVE learning & analyzing!)
- To help me break things down and simplify my to-do list, so I don’t feel so overwhelmed (the goal is less stress, right?!) For my goals, I'm giving myself 3 things to accomplish in each category in order to keep things simple. All I have to do are these 3 things and once I finish them, I'm done for the week and I can go do whatever I want.
- To give me an outlet to talk about this stuff ( I LOVE talking about business and blogging but I don’t have too many friends that can relate, and the ones that can are usually BUSY buildin’ their own thangs…)
- To help me with my monthly income report.
- To give me something to look back on to see how far I’ve come.
- To hopefully help inspire and motivate others who are going through the same struggles (and maybe help us connect if we don’t know each other yet?!)
The top 3 struggles I’m currently working through this week.
- I have a lot of blog posts to write this week (just finished my yearly review, gotta finish this one and then write my monthly income report for January) but I'm really craving more design time. All I want to do is work on building up the new Whipped Dream website!
- Trying to figure out how to sell things on Etsy, Storenvy, Creative Market, etc. I don't really know where to start and how the terms all work so it's kind of overwhelming. I guess I'll just have to start by reading everything I can on it.
- Starting to think about tax season and how I need to start preparing stuff for that, including figuring out how to make enough money to pay what I'm going to owe this year :/ I was putting all my money towards paying off my credit card debt this past year and didn't really save much for taxes... I guess we'll have to see what I can pull out of my magic hat the next few months!
- Eating less calories is still a major struggle for me. I'm achieving every one of my other goals for the week, except for this one! Why is this so hard for me?! Why can I just NOT put the damn food in my mouth?! Haha.
- Next week my mom is flying out here from the east coast and we are going to Disneyland and California Adventure and also getting an AirBnB on the beach in Encinitas for a few days! I am super excited about all of this BUT I kind of have a bit of anxiety about setting myself back with my food intake and my power lifting progress. I track all of my food, but it's going to be hard (and almost impossible) to track what I eat while I'm on vacation. I want to just enjoy my time and not have to worry about it, but then when I come back to my routine the following week, am I going to have to play catch up? I guess it's not the end of the world (first world problem?!?!) and enjoying time off is essential, but this discipline thing really has a hold of me! I haven't felt like this in a long time! How do fitness people vacation and enjoy themselves? I need to do more research on this, me thinks... I definitely do not want to feel guilty nor do I want to be so strict that I can't enjoy myself. At least there will be a lot of walking so I'll be getting some good exercise.
- I've been looking on Craigslist pretty often over the past week, looking for apartments that I could do AirBnB with, but I'm kind of thinking this is a waste of time right now. I think I just need to focus building up Whipped Dream and then once I have that going and running successfully I can move onto this AirBnB idea. I really don't have the time to spend on moving right now. I just need to focus on making as much money as I can to pay off my credit cards and pay for my taxes over the next few months. Moving is going to set me back in time and money.
My top 3 goals for this week.
- Write my monthly income report for January and post by Sunday 2/5.
- Add something new to the new Whipped Dream site.
- Start researching how to sell things on Etsy, Storenvy, Creative Market, etc.
- Eat NO MORE than 2,200 calories a day.
- Power lift 5 days this week instead of 4.
- Do some reading on how I can enjoy my vacation without feeling guilty.
What I’ve accomplished since last week.
Make my Year in Review post my TOP PRIORITY and make sure it's complete before I work on anything else!(Give it a read: 2016 Yearly Review + My Goals for 2017) Start rebranding all my social media accounts for Whipped Dream.(Check them out: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram)
- Continue expanding on the new Whipped Dream website. (Didn't have enough time).
Make a conscious effort to swap out breads for vegetables wherever I can.(This helped me feel a bit fuller and eat less calories, but I still feel like I'm still hungry, therefore I'm still eating a lot... meh.) Walk a minimum of 3,000 steps 6 days this week.(I hit the minimum for 7 days!) No friend time this week, work only, besides my 2 normal days off.(I was tested, to which I politely declined. This definitely helped me accomplish more of my goals and not feel so stressed!)
ONE THING I'M GRATEFUL FOR THIS WEEK
I'm grateful for caffeine. 🙂 It helps me feel happier and helps energize me, which helps me produce better work overall!