Welcome to my 14th post documenting my weekly struggles, goals and achievements in business and life for the week of Jan 16 - 22, 2017.
I've had a very productive week and achieved almost all of my goals! YASSSSS!! This makes me so happy.
This week, my goal is to achieve ALL of my goals. 🙂
WHY I'M CREATING THESE WEEKLY POSTS
- To help keep me accountable by posting my goals publicly.
- To give me a better sense of control.
- To give me something to work towards.
- To keep me motivated to keep improving.
- To help me learn more about myself, blogging & business (I LOVE learning & analyzing!)
- To help me break things down and simplify my to-do list, so I don’t feel so overwhelmed (the goal is less stress, right?!) For my goals, I'm giving myself 3 things to accomplish in each category in order to keep things simple. All I have to do are these 3 things and once I finish them, I'm done for the week and I can go do whatever I want.
- To give me an outlet to talk about this stuff ( I LOVE talking about business and blogging but I don’t have too many friends that can relate, and the ones that can are usually BUSY buildin’ their own thangs…)
- To help me with my monthly income report.
- To give me something to look back on to see how far I’ve come.
- To hopefully help inspire and motivate others who are going through the same struggles (and maybe help us connect if we don’t know each other yet?!)
The top 3 struggles I’m currently working through this week.
- I've been trying to let go of the fears I have about my new business idea for Whipped Dream. The vision I have is so big that it literally scares me because I don't know how I'm going to create it or how I'm going to help people exactly. I also don't want to create something that takes away from my time freedom. I could hire people but I fear this because I believe "if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself." Plus, I've never hired anyone so that would be a whole other thing I'd have to learn how to do. Bottom line, I just don't want this new thing to become "too much."
- I've been working on client work for one of my clients. It was just supposed to be some minor updates but it's taking more time than I anticipated, which means, yet again, I've priced my time too low. When will I learn?! I'm definitely not going to be taking on any more new clients for quite some time, and I need to start charging more or tell them they are going to need to find someone else to work with. I just feel bad!
- Been thinking about the AirBnB idea again, but I'm tired of thinking because it's seriously just eating up too much time. I want to start taking action and stop playing it safe and the only way I'm going to learn is by doing and so I'm going to f*cking just do it! I want to get a 2-3 bedroom place, make it AWESOME and then rent out the spare room(s) on AirBnB. Then I want to write about it on this blog in order to help give others some insight! I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I'm want to just jump and figure it out as I go (that's truly the best way I learn!)
- Been struggling with hitting my 2,000 calorie goal a day. I was only able to hit my 2,000 calorie goal for the first 3 days of the past week, and then ended up eating 2,500-3,000 calories a day the last half of the week. I'm trying to figure out why I was so hungry and why I kind of just "gave up" on my goal. I'm thinking maybe I'm hungrier in general because I've been adding a lot of walking into my schedule which I wasn't doing much of before? Also, when I'm away from home, which has been Thurs-Sun of this past week, it's harder for me to stick to my meal plan... maybe I should try one of these meal prep services and bring these meals with me wherever I travel to so I am more prepared?
- Been struggling with improving my bench press. It's kind of just been staying the same or actually decreasing slightly. Not sure what's going on but going to try changing things up this week to see if I can fix it.
- Been struggling with too much running around all the time to so many different things and having to constantly coordinate. I'm not great at planning ahead and so it causes me to lose focus and get off track. Plus, I feel like it really drains me and that I'm not getting the rest I need. I need to make sure I don't try to juggle too many things in a day for too many days in a row.
My top 3 goals for this week.
- Spend 1 hour working on "My Year in Review" blog post.
- Contact a few properties to see if they will accept AirBnB.
- Design my new website for Whipped Dream and LAUNCH it by next Monday, January 23rd, 2017.
- Walk a minimum of 6,000 steps a day for 6 days.
- Eat 2,000 calories a day, every day.
- Start reading Girl Boss.
What I’ve accomplished since last week.
Write out my fears for the rebranding of Whipped Dream.(This has helped me get to the source of what's holding me back so I can work around each of them better.) Spend 1 hour working on the home page for the rebrand of Whipped Dream.(I ended up spending over 2 hours on it and finally feel like I'm ready to move forward with the website development part!) Spend 1 hour working on "My Year in Review" blog post.(I worked on it but haven't completed it yet!)
Walk for 60 minutes, 5 days out of the week.(This was much easier to attain than trying to walk for 90 minutes. Once I was out there, I did end up walking for longer! AND I ended up walking 6 days rather than 5. Reverse psychology?!)
- Eat 2,000 calories a day, every day. (FAILED big time on this one.)
Finish reading Big Magic.(Freakin' awesome book! I highly recommend it to anyone who is creative!)
EXTRA STUFF I DID THAT'S WORTH MENTIONING
- I also had a goal of laying on 2 lacrosse balls (I put them in a soccer sock to help keep them together) for a minimum of 10 minutes a day, every day, to help me reduced the pain in my lower back. THIS WORKS! And it helps increase my mobility/not feel so tight when I'm working out.
- FINALLY got my form for my deadlifts down and have started slowly increasing my weight. I'm excited to start seeing some weekly progress with this!
ONE THING I'M GRATEFUL FOR THIS WEEK
Getting to spend some quality time with 2 friends I haven't seen in a while. Plus, getting their opinions and insights on things have actually helped motivate me towards my goals even more! I've realized that I want to help other women achieve success and that I think this is my calling. 🙂