Welcome to my 10th post documenting my weekly struggles, goals and achievements in business and life.
I'm a day late posting this, again, and I'm starting to realize that there is just a little too much pressure to get this thing posted every Monday, due to how my schedule is currently panning out. So I'm going to change the day it posts to every Tuesday and hopefully that will help me write a better and more thorough post, and without too much stress on my part.
Looking back at this week, I got a lot accomplished, however, I could have been more focused, but that's just something to learn from and try to get better at next time!
I'm back home in Boston for the next week, visiting my family for the holidays, so I plan on having a little lighter workload than usual. Regardless, I'm not taking the whole week off and am still trying to achieve some goals, just smaller goals.
WHY I'M CREATING THESE WEEKLY POSTS
- To help keep me accountable by posting my goals publicly.
- To give me a better sense of control.
- To give me something to work towards.
- To keep me motivated to keep improving.
- To help me learn more about myself, blogging & business (I LOVE learning & analyzing!)
- To help me break things down and simplify my to-do list, so I don’t feel so overwhelmed (the goal is less stress, right?!) For my goals, I'm giving myself 3 things to accomplish in each category in order to keep things simple. All I have to do are these 3 things and once I finish them, I'm done for the week and I can go do whatever I want.
- To give me an outlet to talk about this stuff ( I LOVE talking about business and blogging but I don’t have too many friends that can relate, and the ones that can are usually BUSY buildin’ their own thangs…)
- To help me with my monthly income report.
- To give me something to look back on to see how far I’ve come.
- To hopefully help inspire and motivate others who are going through the same struggles (and maybe help us connect if we don’t know each other yet?!)
The top 3 struggles I’m currently working through this week.
- Trying to find focus in balancing all of my goals. There are so many things I want to write and create but I feel like I need to find patience and work on one thing at a time. However, when creativity strikes, I feel an intense need to get it out... or else I'll lose it and possibly never get it back (at least not at the same level.) Even though I set goals for myself and want to accomplish them within the time frame I give myself, I think creativity demands a little more of a fluid and flexible schedule. Maybe I need to learn to embrace this a little more... or at least try not to get frustrated when I don't hit my goals as planned.
- Trying to decide how to respond to people who sign up using my Uber referral code and say things like "Enjoy the free money you get for doing absolutely nothing!" This kind of rubs me the wrong way because, well, it's insulting. People only see things at the surface level and don't even consider all of my years of experience or all of the hours and hours of work I put in up front, volunteering my time and efforts to create something that also helps them make more money (if it wasn't for me showing people how to do some of this stuff, they wouldn't have that extra $700 or so in their pockets, so YOU'RE WELCOME!) Plus, I am still working every day, responding to people's email inquiries as quickly as possible and creating new blog posts/keeping everything up to date. The money I earn from referrals is just how I'm getting paid back for all of my efforts, but I guess if people actually understood this, they wouldn't be working for someone else 😉 So whatever. This is how people succeed, by taking risks, thinking outside the box and doing things differently than the general population. All I ask is that people just tell me they appreciate me helping them. SIMPLE!
- Still struggling with the design of my new logo for Whipped Dream... why is it so easy to create a logo for someone else but not for my own thing?! Frustrating.
- I've been making so much progress in the gym lately that it's hard for me to take time off for the holidays. I'm actually not really looking forward to all the festivities because I don't want to set myself back... I just want to keep moving forward! I guess the pause will be a nice little break but I still plan on trying to eat healthy for the most part and also plan to workout while I'm home. My workouts won't be at the same intensity as they are when I'm in my gym in San Diego but as long as I'm moving and burning calories, I should be okay, I hope!
- I'm trying to avoid people who bring negative energy around me. Seriously if you're unhappy, go work on yourself by yourself, I don't want to be around you! I'm trying to be empathetic towards people but I'm also trying to shield myself because I've had issues with absorbing other people's energies in the past, which has done NOTHING good for me! I just don't know how to avoid people without looking like an asshole...
- Still thinking about moving. My roommate was out of town for the past few days and it was so nice to have the place to myself for once, and to just do whatever I wanted to do, however I wanted to do it. Plus it was so quiet! I slept well, I got a lot of work done and I felt happy! Maybe this just means I really do need to live alone... in a quieter area, even if I do have to pay more money. However, I'm trying to pay off my debt and so I think saving $500+ extra month on rent isn't such a bad thing... but could I create more income if I lived and worked in an optimized environment?!
My top 3 goals for this week.
- Figure out the font I want to use for my new logo and purchase a license to use it.
- Try to finalize my damn logo!
- Try to finish the post I started about why it's actually good to be a quitter.
- Weight lift at least 3 days for 30-60 min (I need to get a 3-day pass to the local gym or else workout in my mom's basement.)
- Focus on eating a lot of protein and veggies while I'm home (and try to avoid cookies as much as possible... I'm a cookie monster!)
- Get a chiropractic adjustment to hopefully help with the tightness in my lower back (my mom's boyfriend is a chiropractor, lucky me!)
What I’ve accomplished since last week.
- Finish designing my new logo. (STILL working on this but made substantial progress...)
Really FOCUS on developing my business further and cut out every other distracting thing I can.(Could have done better at this but I would say 90% of my efforts were focused on this so still pretty good!) Try not to spend money on anything I don't really need right now.(There were things I wanted at the grocery store that I decided against because I didn't really NEED to eat them, so I didn't buy them, and I feel like I achieved my goal because of this!)
Bench 130 for 3.(I did 135 lbs. for 1!) Test my max squat.(I squatted 225 lbs. for 1!) Try to get 8 hours of sleep minimum a night. (I went to bed earlier but naturally woke up after about 7 hours every day. Regardless, I still feel well-rested so whatever!)
ONE THING I'M GRATEFUL FOR THIS WEEK
I am grateful to have enough money to fly home to visit my family and old friends for Christmas this year. The past few years have been really financially tough and being home at Christmas is just something that is important to me.
Two years ago, I was really struggling as an entrepreneur and almost couldn't afford to fly home. I became super depressed and actually almost gave on my dream because I felt like I just couldn't handle the intense stress anymore.
Before giving up completely, I decided to try one more thing, and ironically enough that thing was what changed everything.
I started driving for Uber, I taught myself SEO and I wrote this blog post: How to Earn a $500 New Driver Bonus with Uber.
Uber helped give me that financial boost and flexibility when I really needed it back then and I don't think things would have turned out the same if it wasn't for them! I am forever grateful for them and so proud of how far I've come since that dark time!
Never give up on your dreams! What I Learned After Hitting my Rock Bottom.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Wishing you nothing but happiness this year. 🙂