In addition to my monthly income reports, I’ve decided to start creating a weekly accountability post that documents my current struggles, goals and achievements for the week. This post will include both blogging, business & money stuff, as well as life stuff (because I'm not always all about business!) 🙂
HOW I THINK THIS WILL HELP ME
- It will help keep me accountable by posting my goals publicly.
- It will give me a better sense of control and something to work towards.
- It will keep me motivated to keep improving.
- It will help me learn more about myself, blogging & business (I LOVE analyzing!)
- It will help me break things down and simplify my to-do list, so I don’t feel so overwhelmed (the goal is less stress, right?!)
- For my goals, I'm giving myself 3 things to accomplish in each category in order to keep things simple, which should help me to not feel so overwhelmed. All I have to do are these 3 things and once I finish them, I'm done for the week and I can go do whatever I want.
- It will give me an outlet to talk about this stuff ( I LOVE talking about business and blogging but I don’t have too many friends that can relate, and the ones that can are usually BUSY buildin’ their own thangs…)
- It will help me with my monthly income report.
- It will give me something to look back on to see how far I’ve come.
- It will hopefully help inspire and motivate others who are going through the same struggles (and maybe help us connect if we don’t know each other yet?!)
The top 3 struggles I’m currently working through this week.
- There are so many things on my to-do list, I just don't know where to start. Feeling overwhelmed! I really need to get more organized & structured...
- I'm considering going in a new direction with my design & marketing business (or at least have this be an add on.) I want to create more passive income through stock graphics, printables and maybe even an ebook or two, but I need to figure out how all that works. Selling these things on creative markets like Etsy is something I'm also looking into but I'd need to figure out my terms, set up my account/shop and actually create something to sell first.
- I'm trying to figure out ways to make more money & faster so that I can pay off my debt sooner. I currently have $27,331.72 in credit card debt... and I just want to make that go away! The sooner I can be debt-free, the sooner I can start using my income towards things I dream about! Thinking about getting a 2-bedroom and doing an AirBnB rental for the spare bedroom as a way to make some extra money (I've actually been thinking about this for over a year now.) However, I'm not sure if I'm going to want to have to constantly coordinate with people...
- My car has been causing me a lot more problems lately, and all the repairs are getting expensive and therefore delaying my debt pay-off! Grrr.
- The noise in my neighborhood has become increasingly more annoying and I'm considering moving to a quieter place so I can focus better, get better sleep and not feel so stressed.
- I need to start getting more sleep. I've been averaging around 6-7 hours a night and I just feel like this probably isn't enough. For some reason, no matter what time I go to bed at, I wake at the same time every morning. Either that or noise outside my apartment wakes me up (from the cross-fit gym across the alley from me, hammering from construction going on across the street, extremely loud trash trucks driving through the alley numerous times, motorcycles, or people having yard sales in the alley at 6:30am on a Saturday morning) ... Grrrrrrr again!
My top 3 goals for this week.
- Publish this post. First one of hopefully many!
- Set up and try out CoSchedule.
- Finish reading the eBook "Create. Profit. Party! The Ultimate Guide to Passive Income for Bloggers, Freelancers, and Small Biz Owners!" by Sarah Morgan.
- Hit the gym 5 days.
- Hit 110 lbs. for 5 reps bench pressing and 160 lbs. for 5 reps squatting.
- Get my car back into the shop because there's yet another issue.
What I’ve accomplished since last week.
- Set up a Facebook and Twitter page for my Uber Driver Referral blog.
- Wrote a new blog post California Drivers: Sign up Now for Lyft and Make $7,000-$15,000 in 2-3 Months!
- Wrote a blog post Why I Don't Share my Uber Referral Bonus Earnings
- Made some branded templates for my Whipped Dream social media images.
- Been making great progress on a new client's branding and website design. Loving how everything's coming along and love working with this person! She's very organized and very sweet!
- Signed up for Maven Xchange; a new affiliate network that earns you up to 20% commission on purchases that result from your recommendations (I love to recommend and promote, so I figured why not give this a try?!)
- I hit the gym 5 days out of the week and played 2 soccer games.
- Lost 2 lbs (I had gained 3 lbs. while on vacation the previous 2 weeks.)
- I got a much needed 90-minute massage (it's been 9 weeks since my last one!) Need to do this more often.
- Got these headphones for $20 on Amazon. Hoping the help drown out the noise around me while I work... so far so good! Plus, the bass sounds awesome. 🙂 #thatsimportant
Well, that's what I've got going on this week. Looking forward to seeing if this post helps me in the way I'm hoping! Stay tuned for next week's post!