UPDATE 10/29/16: I started a new blog dedicated to helping others earn a referral bonus when signing up to drive for Uber or Lyft. Check it out at UberDriverReferral.com
Want to earn a quick $1000? There's a Lyft Driver Referral Bonus available and waiting for you! All you have to do is sign up to drive for Lyft and if you complete just one ride by March 5th, you will receive $1000!
Here Are the Requirements:
- Must live in: Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Denver, Seattle, Atlanta, Austin, Dallas, San Diego, San Jose, Miami, Nashville, San Francisco, Los Angeles.
- 21 years or older
- 2004 car or newer (4 doors)
- Have never driven for Lyft
- Must complete first ride on or before Thursday, Mar. 5, 2015 (factor in a few days for background check to clear)
- Must use a referral code TARA666 or you will not receive the sign-on bonus
How to Get Your Lyft Driver Referral Bonus:
- Start by using my referral code: TARA666 (click on the link, it will take you to the Lyft application screen.)
- Complete one ride by March 5th, 2015
- If you meet these requirements and deadlines, $1000 will be paid in 1-2 billing cycles. Easy money!
Want Some Tips on How to Earn More Money?
- Once you are a driver, you can make more money driving weekend days or nights when people are going out. Or try working events like concerts, sporting events, etc., where people need rides to and from them.
- Get your referral code out there! Have other people sign up with your code, either to drive or to try Lyft out as a passenger. Try flyers, cards, Craigslist, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, talk to people, or even start your own blog! 😉
- You could also go to various events or even college campuses and pass out "free ride" cards. Or pay a college kid a few bucks to be your "promoter" for an hour or two and hand out referral cards FOR you! 😉 People will get free rides, and you will get referral bucks from Lyft!
- Take an Uber or Sidecar or even a Taxi and ask them if they have ever tried Lyft. If they haven't, give them a referral card where they can get a free ride or even sign up as a driver (you'd both get an awesome driver referral bonus!) Get those Taxi drivers to switch over to Rideshares... they'd be much happier 😉
Want to Earn Even MORE Money?
- Sign up to drive for Uber as well. Having additional streams of income will help you make MORE money and FASTER 🙂 I would suggest signing up for Lyft first and then signing up for Uber because they have sign-on bonuses only if you are already a "rideshare driver" on another platform (so drive for Lyft for a few weeks and then sign up for Uber and Sidecar because you need to be driving for a little while before you can qualify.) Check out this blog post I wrote about signing up for Uber and getting $1000 (that bonus is still good, by the way.)
Oh, Your Car Doesn't Meet the Requirements?
- The rideshare companies do offer some special financing options for people who don't have cars that meet the requirements... check out Uber's Vehicle Solutions Program or Lyft's Express Drive for more info!
Get that money! And good luck out there!